Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Authentic IMC Kavino!


Again, A and I were invited to OpenRice PH's Eat's A Date event. And nw it's in IMC Kavino somewhere in Makati. The place was really neat and authentic. Some months ago, I remember visiting the same place where the restaurant is(but we went there for karaoke). I remember wanted to try that place and now I finally got the chance.


Here are some of their food:
                 
Jasmine Delight ( P98.00 ) - It has that refreshing taste that every "tea person" loves. Though I didn't like it that much, I'd say the drink was really refreshing.

Mulberry Special ( P128.00 ) - This drink makes you wanna remember the good old days when you were a kid and you were mixing beverages you see on the dinner table. Basically, it tastes like grape juice with 7up. Quite refreshing though.



 Pan Grilled Mixed Mushroom with Garlic - It's some plain mushrooms on a sizzling plate. Nothing special about this dish but its yummy. Good for inuman sessions!

Vegetable Curry Fried Rice

                                             
               

Golden Garlic Yang Chow Fried Rice ( P248.00 ) - I didn't find time to taste this one but I bet its good!


Salted Fish Fried Rice - I like this one! Vegetable curry rice tasted good but I like this one better. It was very salty--the way I like my rice. Mmmm. Must try! :)

                           
              
 Takoyaki ( P388.00 for 4 pcs ) - Oh I'd say this is one of the best way to serve Takoyaki. I prefer this one than the old ball-shaped bites that makes you eat the whole thing in one munch. This Takoyaki lets you savor the rich flavor of cuttle fish wrapped in a special vietnamese rice paper and some veggies.  


                           
              
 Prawn with Salted Egg and Fried Kangkong - Delicious. The prawns were cooked to a perfect, crisp, juicy taste. It was then covered with salted egg and some delightful salty, thin texture. This was what made the dish good for me, the rich, flavorful, mouth-watering breading. Honestly, I havent't tasted anything this salty fine in my whole life. The sweet fried kangkong bed underneath made the dish even more wonderful.


Drunken Chicken ( 498.00 ) - Oh I really liked this dish. Even though it was cold, I can say that the chicken was really soft. Its hard finding a chicken dish this good. Each bite was very smooth and unique. The only problem I had with this dish was that the soup could have tasted better or something somehow saltier.

                 
 Chicken Buns ( P108.00 for 3 pcs ) - Mr. Tan (the owner) said this was the original version of the siopao bola-bola. I didnt know the first siopao bola-bola had only one bola-bola inside--then why would they call it bola-bola? Anyway, the meat inside was ground pork not chicken(but then again they called it chicken buns). It was good though. The veggies complemented the fine-cooked meat inside. 

                
 Veggie ala Beijing ( P 338.00 for 6 pcs ) - Guess what famous Chinese dish this is! Nah, you can't. Even I can't. It's their version of the Peking Duck! I's fried tofu wrapped with veggies and lumpia wrapper. I didn't like the taste though. And I haven't eaten Peking Duck in my whole life.


Three Cup Beef Tenderloin Cube ( P388.00 ) - Hmm. I didn't find anything special about this dish. It tasted good but I can say its just some regular teriyaki beef cubes in a sizzling plate.


King Dao Spareribs with Chinese White Wine and Mayo ( P328.00 ) - So this was what chinese spareribs taste like. Well, for me the meat was tender and soft. Every bite assures you that the meat was cooked for a long time.  The chinese white wine tasted good! It was a one of a kind sauce that you could only taste here in IMC Kavino. 



Pumpkin Puree Seafood Soup ( P100.00/cup ) - This dish was really expensive. This would be my first time to eat such a dish(and it's soup!). The good thing is tasted good! Every sip was heavenly and the soup was full of delicious seafood. Though I could not distinguish the pumpkin taste, I still recommend you try this dish.


Snow Ball ( P120.00 for 4 pcs) - The moment I took a bite on this one I felt that I was eating mochi. Everything on their menu was China-fied(and I'm not sure if that's a real word). This is the perfect example of Chinese mochi! It had a great filling which tastes like ube! Yummy!
 Coconut Taro Black Rice Sago - This dish reminds me of champorado! It looks like ginatan but it didnt taste like it. This is a dessert you must try! Great for all ages and very nutritious too! :)


              

Malayan Cake ( P108.00 for 5 pcs ) - Very soft and fluuuufyyyy! But its like puto with yellow coloring. Hahaha. Kinda disappointing.














No comments:

Post a Comment