Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The world is full of SerendipiTea



So, this is what a good day looks like. And I can't say every aspect of my day looks good, but it seemed good overall.

It started with me getting up around 6:50AM on my phone clock (this wasn't good). And I had a long long long things to do for the day. There were things to be prepared and I was not ready. So I didn't waste anytime lying comfy in my bed and I got up. Took a bath, put on a fresh t-shirt and got my trusty old Canon.

As soon as I know it, I was on the road on my way to Manila. I texted A and said my morning greetings hoping that she'd reply and stamp my day a good start. Well, I couldn't remember when she really did but the point is she did. And it made my heart skip a beat as usual.

You know why I was late? A and I were supposed to meet at EDSA Station around or before 9 in the morning. And where was I? It was already 7:30AM and still stuck in traffic. I still had a long way to go before I reach Manila. You can take Manila in 30 minutes by car, well that is if I had car. My mom really doesn't let me drive the family car outside Cavite.

Not only that I was late, I had to change to smart casual attire for the food tasting event me, A, and some college friends are going to. So it's an hour of travel to my dormitory, a few minutes to change and freshen up, and I'll be only a half-hour away from EDSA station.

Everything went quite well until I the time I left the dorm and forgot the invitations for the event. I was already waiting for the train and then it struck me. "**** asan na yung invitations???"

Where are the invitations?? This was what was going in my head in that moment when the train door was in front of me saying "I'm all open bro. Come at me". Dang. I should have not left it back in my dorm. So I made a quick sprint back to the dorm and got the effin invitations.

--

Now I was on my way to EDSA station, perspiring and exhausted of course. But it was a great relief and I texted A that I'm coming to her. She was waiting for me at the station for like 30 minutes and so. All I can say to her is that my mind was still asleep at that time.

We managed to get pass through the busy corridors of MRT and as we get down at Quezon Ave Station, Zeti And Mickey were there to meet us. Excited for the event, we jumped in the next taxi we saw and we were on our way to the venue.

--

OpenRice PH  had an event called OpenRice PH: Eat's A Date! The venue was in My SerendipiTea, a little milk tea shop on a corner street somewhere in Quezon City.  Zeti was the one who invited A to this food tasting event. Well of course, I couldn't let A go alone and have all the scrumptuous milk tea for herself only. I had to go. :)


The milk tea shop was a perfect place to sit around relax and take a few sips of their delicious milk tea. The tea shop can accomodate around 15-20 persons, perfect for small gatherings or some time together with  friends.


By the time we got here, I was thinking of a food taste test event with actual FOOD. To my surprise they were serving milk tea shots. Nevertheless, the organizers bought a platter of complementary meat slices so we wouldn't have to taste milk teas all day. Imaging that for instance.

Choose your meat! :)


I have nothing against milk tea. Actually I like milk teas and how it can merge with different fruit flavors.


" Sakto milk tea!"


Milk tea will do. Enough to keep my body and mind running on that sleepless, weary morning. I thought tea was enough to wake me up. Until this photograph of A came along. <3

Still better than coffee. Thank you for waking me up A! :)


Here are some pictures of us, before the actual event started. We couldn't resist taking pictures of us.

 
                                                       Mickey and Zeti                                             Andy and Cla
     A & E <3

My SerendipiTea served us some milk tea shots. Here's how I find their drinks:

1. SerendipiTea Milk Tea with Pearls and Pudding    

 This is their signature drink. And I must say they made a good choice. The blend of milk and tea was just right. Not that sweet and not that tea-ish. I like its simplicity. As for the pearls and pudding. Its alright. I don't have any thing to say about it. 

2. Royal Milk Tea
     
Nah. It had a tea-ish taste which was stronger that SerendipiTea Milk Tea. I would recommend this for those who love the overwhelming taste of tea rather than the milk. The tea used tastes great though, I just didn't want too much tea in the mix.


3. Oreo Milk Tea
     
What can I say? Its like cereal. No offense but I really didn't taste the oreos in the milk tea. I thought the oreos was just there to give decoration. If it had beene mixed with the drink it would have been better.



4. Dark Chocolate Milk Tea with Peppermint

     Perfect! I loved this drink! From the moment I tasted it, it became my top favorite. I could say the dark chocolate itself taste great alone. But then they added peppermint to the mix which made the drink so unbearable to the senses.




5. Wintermelon Milk Tea

After I tasted this, I still couldn't stop thinking about Milk Tea Shot #4. Fortunately I made it through and made myself a conclusion. This drink is too damn sweet, but i like it! Just not as good as dark choco peppermint.



6. Taro Milk Tea

     The taste of ube was here. But still, I couldn't distinguish it a taro drink. For me lacks taste and perfection in texture. Its still a bit slimy.




7. Dark Cocoa with Rock Salt and Cheese

    
This is a great drink, I tell you. The top of the shot contains the rocksalt and cheese which really intensifies the taste buds once you take a sip. I suggest you drink this without straw so you can feel the intensity of its drink. Its a bit sweet and with a kick of rocksalt.


8. Lychee Fruit Tea

    
Like I said earlier, I love it how fruits blend in with milk teas. This was unsurprisingly good. I knew it from the moment I saw the drink placed in front of me, this would make a good drink for me. It's refreshing taste and  mouth-watering abilities can really make you hyper!





9. Cranberry Fruit Tea

     All I can say from this drink is that it very strong. If you happen to eat cranberries, you would love this drink for one sip from it can make you imagine you're like eating the real fruit itself. 


10. Mango Yakult

    
 This drink is a good balance of Lactobacillus casei Shirota and carbohydrates. You have Mango and you have Yakult. The taste was really good and I almost made this top of my list. The mango used had enough sweetness to blend with Yakult.

11. Caramel Macchiato with Coffee Jelly

    
Oh I forgot to take a picture of it. Anyway, just read and I'll let you taste it with your mind :)) This drink had a strong coffee taste. One sip and you can know how much coffee was used in the mix. I see this drink suitable for people who loves the strong taste and aroma of coffee in the morning. 

And here's how I rated my milk tea shots!
 Ohh. Looks like someone made a pyramid of milk tea shots. Peppermint rules! :)

The owners of My Serendipitea were really accommodating and friendly! :D They even gave us complementary drinks just so their milk tea would sink in more. I got my self a Green Tea 

What I really like about this place is the ambiance. Though it was quite small and only a few people could fit inside, it was a great place to stay and hang out. Cool place you got here, My SerendipiTea. *thumbs up* :)

Thank you for Ms. Angela and Ms. Iris for inviting us to this lovely event. I recommend everyone to go and visit this place. :) I would also like to thank OpenRice PH for organizaing this event. Cheers! :)

 I am definitely going back to this place!

Woohoo! Giveaways! Kind-hearted owners! :)


“Shallow men believe in luck or in circumstance.
 Strong men believe in cause and effect. 
I believe in serendipity.”

No comments:

Post a Comment